Here are some common questions we receive
What are the Essential Items I Need for Cloth Diapers?
Why Should I Use Cloth Wipes?
How Often do Cloth Diapers Need to be Changed?
How do I store soiled diapers?
What do I do with the Solids (poop) in the Diaper?
Where Do I Place the Deodorant Disc?
How Many Diapers Will I Get weekly?
The first 2 weeks you will receive a full order of diapers, Covers (if applicable) and wipes (if applicable). The number will be determined by the baby’s age and diaper Size. After your first two weeks, you will receive back only the amount of diapers, wipes & covers you sent back to us dirty the week before.
- Newborn diapers – 80 diapers/week
- Small or infant diapers – 70 diapers/week
- Medium or regular diapers – 60 diapers/week
- Large or Toddler diapers – 50 diapers/week
You can request to add an additional 10 diapers/week for no extra charge in any size. Also we may automatically decrease your delivery quantity if you consistently have at least 20 clean diapers extra each week.
Our weekly flat rate pricing reflects the service of dropping off and picking up diapers weekly rather than the amount of diapers used and laundered. This helps keep our prices down as we don’t have to handle billing adjustments weekly.
If You are Not Sure What You Need...
I Already Have GDiaper Covers - Will these Work with Your Service?
How and when do I move to the next size up?
If the prefolds are completely saturated, and possibly leaking (but you know the cover is fitting correctly) then it’s time to size up on the prefold – you need more absorbency.
If the covers are fitting too tightly around your baby’s legs or waist then it’s time to size up. Or if the prefold will no longer fold around the baby, size up!
What is the Washing Process for Your Service?
According to the CDC Guidelines for Laundry in Healthcare Facilities: “Hot water provides an effective means of destroying microorganisms, and a temperature of at least 71 C (160 F) for a minimum of 25 minutes is commonly recommended for hot-water washing.”
“According to the Wilderness Medical Society, water temperatures above 160 F (70 C) kill all pathogens within 30 minutes and above 185 F (85 C) within a few minutes. So in the time it takes for the water to reach the boiling point (212 F or 100 C) from 160 F (70 C), all pathogens will be killed, even at high altitude.”
Tips to Remember:
- On pickup day, set out soiled diapers, wipes & covers the night before.
- If using our full cover laundering service, place soiled covers in the cover bag provided and place that out with the soiled diapers.
- If renting covers that we are not laundering, keep these to launder on own as needed (unless you are returning them for a size upgrade – then throw them in the SOILED liner in a separate bag)
- Separate disposable wipes from your diaper pail bag containing the cloth diapers
- Review the ‘How to Fold’ video clip
- When changing service, contact us no later than the preceding Friday.
Thinking about purchasing covers? Our customers will receive 15% off their first purchase of covers with us.
- Don’t forget to contact us at least two weeks prior to being out of town. We also offer compostable diapers for use when you are on vacation.